Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:36 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1967 Dodge Dart GT
subject says it all guys, found a fairly good looking set of torque thrust wheels with decent tires for a decent price, they are the right sbp for my dart, but want to be sure they will clear everything with stock suspension etc...
also anyone have any idea what theyre worth?
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:41 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: Fiat 500e
You found small bolt pattern 15x8" Torque Thrust wheels? Are you sure they aren't really 15x7" and the seller is measuring to the outside of the rim rather than the inside where the bead seats? I've never tried to stuff this much under a small bolt pattern car, but the rear at least will require 4 3/4" backspacing on an 8" wide wheel to center the wheel between the springs and the inner 1/4 panel. A 7" wide wheel needs 4 1/4" backspacing. Both are +1/4" positive offset. Most Torque Thrust wheels do not have enough backspacing and will rub on the outside. Measure twice, buy once.

What do you think is a decent price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:05 am 
Turbo EFI

no im not sure, i can ask though, can you explain the backspacing thing to me? sorry, sometimes i feel like i dont know anything about cars, and i know a lot more then most my friends! unfortunately the wheels are a good bit south of me and the car is still in illinois til this weekend, may be worth the effort/time to drive the dart down and check to see if they fit or not. he was asking more but got down to 300, fronts look really good, a little pitting back behind the arms (is that what you call them?) on the wheels, tires look pretty good, should get me through this summer anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:53 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: Fiat 500e
Offset and backspacing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:58 am 
Turbo EFI

thanks, the guy said it was too much work for me to bring the dart down and try to see if they fit, so whatever, ill find something else i guess. thanks for the info, ill read it for sure before i buy anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:36 am 
Turbo EFI

weird, now i just found the same wheels with three of the same pics, same location, on ebay, says they fit 5x4 or 5x100, said on craigslist and in emails that he had them on a 70 dart with drums all around, ebay shows a pic of them on a new beetle? and he says 8" backspace? that seems like a lot, and he seems legit, sent more pics to me before, answered questions except about inner width and backspacing, he has 176 100% positive feedback on ebay and his opening bid is what he offered them to me for. i sent him an email asking him about that, but wont send him any more emails and wont get them till he says i can bring the dart to make sure they fit before i drop any money on them...ah well...